The Construct is all about learning how to do things yourself. Whether that’s making a printed circuit board, machining out some parts, or just running your first 3D print, we want you to be the person doing it! Here is a repository of every tutorial we’ve created (and a few that we haven’t!), that cover all sorts of maker-related topics.
Want to contribute something? Feel like we’re missing a topic? Let us know!
3D Printing/3D modeling
- Should I 3D print this?
- How to run a Print at The Construct:
- Designing for 3D printing
- 3D print post processing
- Material properties
- Print Quality TroubleShooting
- Great overview on 3d Printing
- Reddit 3D printing community
- Thomas Sanlanderer On Youtube (Great resource for learning about 3d printing)
- Thingiverse: the internet of 3d printable things
- GrabCad: community-sourced mechanical parts
- What is Gcode? Here is all of it
- ATX Hackerspace: What materials can you lasercut?
- What Pololu can laserCut (may not apply to our machines)
- Eagle CAD tutorial
- KiCAD tutorials
- OSHpark: our favorite source for PCBs
- PCBshopper: PCB cost comparison site
- Paper Breadboard
- Autodesk Fusion360
- Autodesk Design Academy